I found out that Fratelli Bakery won the best bakery in Vancouver on Georgia Straight newspaper. I remembered I have an Entertainment coupon for $5 off to use for this place so I was pretty excited to try their desserts. Some reviews mentioned their cannolis are the best but I tried some in New York and it wasn’t my kind of desserts.
The prices are really affordable! And I really like the small sizes of their desserts, because it means I get to try more instead of eating a giant piece of cake.
I liked the hazelnut buns the most because they were not overly sweet and I liked the combination of nuts and hazelnut creme. Biscottis were good too – flavourful and a nice crunch. However the squares were a bit disappointing because the cake was too dry and it tasted really whipped creme-y rather than pistachio and hazelnut flavour.
Hearts: hazelnut buns: 8.7/10, chocolate biscotti 8.0/10, coffee biscotti 7.7/10, pistachio square 5/10 and hazelnut square 5.5/10.
- highly recommend the buns. Other flavours include strawberry and vanilla
- there are only a couple of tables outside so most customers take orders to-go
- use Entertainment coupon for 50% off up to $5
- Fratelli Bakery – Italian Bakery
- 1795 Commercial Dr, Vancouver